Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

UEFA has reacted to the decision of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), to overturn Manchester City’s two-year ban from European competitions.

The ruling means City will play in the Champions League next season.

The former English champions have also had their fine reduced from £25million to £8.9million.

City had been banned by UEFA for breaking Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, but have had the decision overturned by CAS.

READ ALSO  PHOTOS: CHECK OUT ZIDANE’S FIRST TRAINING SESSION BACK AT REAL MADRID AHEAD OF CELTA VIGO’S CLASH

However, a statement from European football’s governing body on Monday, showed they were not happy with what they see as many of City’s alleged breaches being “time-barred.”

“UEFA notes that the CAS panel found that there was insufficient conclusive evidence to uphold all of the CFCB’s conclusions in this specific case and that many of the alleged breaches were time-barred due to the 5 year time period foreseen in the UEFA regulations.

“Over the last few years, Financial Fair Play has played a significant role in protecting clubs and helping them become financially sustainable and UEFA and ECA remain committed to its principles,” part of UEFA’s statement read.

READ ALSO  Chelsea hope of replacing Hazard with this lad.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
1 Comment

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sport

PSG vs Man Utd: Maguire, Cavani, Greenwood out of Champions League clash

Published

on

By

The Manchester United squad have travelled to Paris without Edinson Cavani, Harry Maguire, Jesse Lingard and Eric Bailly.

They will all miss their first Champions League group game against Paris Saint-Germain.

Maguire, Greenwood, Bailly and Lingard are injured, while Cavani is not fit enough to play.

Bruno Fernandes will skipper United in the absence of Maguire.

READ ALSO  GUARDIOLA BREAKS THE HEART OF CHELSEA FANS AHEAD OF MAN CITY’S CUP FINAL

United manager Solskjaer said on Monday: “We hope the players won’t be away for too long. Edinson needs a few more days training before we can think about the weekend.

“Hopefully the same with Harry, Eric and Mason as well, but we’re not sure about that.”

Loading...
Continue Reading

Sport

BREAKING: Cristiano Ronaldo tests positive for COVID-19

Published

on

By

Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive for Covid-19, Portugal’s Football Federation confirmed on Tuesday.

The 35-year-old is said to be “doing well, without symptoms, and in isolation”, with no further positive tests reported in the squad ahead of Wednesday’s Nations League match against Sweden.

The PFF confirmed in a statement: “Following the positive case, the remaining players underwent new tests this Tuesday morning, all with a negative result, and are available to Fernando Santos for training this afternoon, in Cidade do Futebol.

READ ALSO  PHOTOS: CHECK OUT ZIDANE’S FIRST TRAINING SESSION BACK AT REAL MADRID AHEAD OF CELTA VIGO’S CLASH

“The game (against Sweden), counting for the qualification phase of the Nations League, is scheduled for Wednesday, at 19:45, in Alvalade.”

More to follow…

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: