Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

About 30 cocoa farmers on Wednesday benefited from the loan facilities provided by Osun State Government as a means of supporting farmers and promote agriculture in the State.
The loan, according to the government, was aimed at boosting cocoa production and increase the farmers’ yields for this year’s growing and harvesting season.
A statement issued by Governor Adegboyega Oyetola’s Spokesperson, Ismail Omipidan, stated that the General Manager, Osun Micro-Credit Agency, Mr. Dayo Babaranti, said similar gesture had recently been extended to cassava and tomatoes farmers in the State.

He said the agency was determined to support the economy of the State as it is ready to revive micro, small and medium scale enterprises.
“We are here to distribute N5millon loan to 30 individual cocoa farmers in the four major cocoa growing councils in the State, namely Ilesa-West, Ilesa-East, Atakunmosa-West and Atakumosa-East respectively.
“This support is given to farmers for them to purchase chemicals and other things they need to spray and prevent cocoa from infections that usually to reduce their productions ahead of this year’s growing season.

READ ALSO  Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy

“So, with this little support, our farmers can have access to some of the farm inputs to support their activities and increase their production.
“I urge the beneficiaries not to divert the funds but apply it on what it was meant for which is to support their farming activities,” he said.
Responding on behalf of others, the Chairman, Agbewumi Cocoa Group, Mr. Ajibade Moshood, commended the commitment of the state government to revamp agriculture.
Moshood, who assured of the timely repayment of the loan, said, “We shall use the fund for the purpose it was meant for.”

READ ALSO  Don't know how to make money? Here are our proven ways to make money fast

Loading...

Lawal Abdulsalam, Student of civil engineering, student from federal polytechnic Ede if you don't know Lawal Abdulsalam then perhaps you started blogging yesterday.He runs one of the most popular blogs on internet.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Banks owe telcos N17bn for USSD access –NCC

Published

on

By

The Executive Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission , Prof. Umar Danbatta , says commercial banks in the country owe telecommunication over N 17 bn for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data access .
This debt , according to him , accumulated following the regulator ’s suspension of its determination on USSD pricing in 2019 .
Danbatta spoke at ATCON ’s virtual forum , themed ‘ Meeting the interests of government , consumers and telecoms companies in the era of Covid- 19 and post COVID – 19 pandemic for digital economy development’ on Thursday .
In order to protect the interests of consumers and support a robust telecommunications sector, Danbatta announced that it had revised the determination on the USSD .
The EVC noted that the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy , Dr Isa Pantami , had already been briefed on the development with a view to ensuring a quick settlement of the debt .
Explaining the commission ’s efforts at resolving consumer -related issues , he noted that when the commission introduced the Do -Not -Disturb code in 2015 , less than 500 , 000 people activated the code .
There are now 22 ,722 , 366 lines on the DND , according to him.
Danbatta stated that 98 per cent of the total service -related complaints received from telecoms consumers within a 15 -month period, spanning January 2019 to April 2020 , had been successfully resolved by the commission .
Speaking on quality of service , Danbatta said, “ The commission has monthly engagements with operators as well as quarterly industry working group on quality of service and short codes, and is currently monitoring 2 G Key Performance Indicators, while the KPIs for 4 G are being prepared .”
Meanwhile, the minister , Pantami , said that an executive order aimed at protecting telecommunications infrastructure across the country would soon be ready .
He explained that the executive order for protecting telecommunications infrastructure across the country which had been reviewed by the relevant authorities was awaiting presidential assent.
He said that his administration was committed to the protection of the right of consumers, most especially telecom consumers who were struggling at the hands of mobile network operators in the country .
Pantami said his ministry was harmonising the right of way charges based on agreement reached with the governor ’s forum .
He called on MNOs not to compromise on the agreement by paying exorbitant RoW charges to state governments , adding that they should report illegal taxes to the ministry for appropriate resolution .

READ ALSO  FG, Innoson partner to produce ventilators

Loading...
Continue Reading

Business

BREAKING: Access Bank seeks to buy Zambian bank

Published

on

By

Access Bank Plc has commenced an exclusive discussion towards full acquisition of Cavmont Bank Limited, a Zambia-based financial institution.

Access Bank is seeking to consummate the acquisition through its Zambian subsidiary, Access Bank Zambia Limited.

In a regulatory filing at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Access Bank stated that it has entered discussions to acquire 100 per cent equity stake in Cavmont Bank Limited from Cavmont Capital Holdings Zambia Plc, the sole owner of Cavmont Bank.

While the discussions on the merger have reached advanced stage, Access Bank stated that there is no certainty yet on agreement or terms of the transaction, urging investors to exercise caution when dealing on its shares.

READ ALSO  CBN reduces ATM withdrawal, electronic transfer charges, warns banks

According to the bank, the completion of the transaction is subject to formal regulatory approvals.

“Access Bank will update the market as appropriate and in accordance with its disclosure obligations,” Access Bank stated.

Access Bank had last year acquired Diamond Bank Plc in a merger that leapfrogged the first-tier commercial bank atop the retail banking segment.

The business combination with Diamond Bank nudged Access Bank’s rating as a leading Tier 1 Nigerian bank into the largest bank in Africa by number of customers, spanning three continents, 12 countries, 3,100 Automated Teller Machine (ATM), more than 33,000 Point of Sales (PoS) terminals, 27 million clients and more than 10 million mobile customers.

READ ALSO  CBN issues fresh guidelines on payments system

Group Managing Director, Access Bank Plc, Dr Herbert Wigwe, has said the bank’s strategic plan is to become the most important bank and gateway to Africa.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: