Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Dubai crown prince, Hamdan bin Mohammed has paid the hospital bill of a Nigerian family that was stranded in the country.

 

LIB reported earlier that Tijani and Suliyah Abdulkareem who welcomed their quadruplets at the Latifa Hospital for Women and Children on July 1, had no medical insurance and were indebted to the tune of $120,000.

 

They incurred the medical bill after their babies (two boys and two girls) were placed on ventilators at the neonatal intensive care unit after being born prematurely.

READ ALSO  Students wear social distancing headgears to class as schools resume in China (PHOTOS)

 

Expressing gratitude to Hamdan bin Mohammed for coming to their aid, Abdulkareem said two of the children will be named after him while one of the girls will be named after the hospital.

 

He said;

 

“It’s just a huge favour, and we are still in shock because we didn’t even know how to get the money. I had been sleepless wondering how to pay the bill.”

 

The 32-year-old chef also thanked the Nigerian community and everyone who assisted his family pay for two months rent for a bigger place to accommodate the quadruplets.

READ ALSO  Donald Trump issues fresh threat to China, EU

 

Abdulkareem added;

 

“We have been getting calls from Portuguese and Brazilian nationals in Dubai. People have been trying to reach us. The Nigerian community has been following us every step of the way.”

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

International

What May Have Caused Beirut Explosion – Defence Council

Published

on

By

A meeting of the Lebanese Supreme Defense Council said that a massive blast that occurred in the port of Beirut on Tuesday evening might have been the result of maintenance work at the site.

The council said at an emergency meeting that followed the blast that a door of the port’s hangar, where explosive materials were stored, did not close properly, local media reported.

Following the tragic incident, the city’s governor said that half of the Beirut’s buildings were damaged, and hospitals were overcrowded due to a large number of injured people.

More than 80 people were killed and some 4,000 injured.

“(Some) 2,750 tonnes – the amount of ammonium exploded in the port of Beirut – are materials that were seized in 2014 from the Rhosus dry-cargo ship, registered in Moldova, when it was heading to Africa and suffered damages during navigation,” the Defense Council said, as quoted by local LBCI broadcaster.

READ ALSO  US threatens to block China Telecom from American market

During the meeting, representatives of the Lebanese security service said that an explosion took place as a door was being welded, the channel reported.

It was discovered some time ago that the hangar’s door was not properly locked, and there was a gap by the wall, which made it easy to both enter and leave the hangar, the emergency meeting of the defense council said.

READ ALSO  Donald Trump issues fresh threat to China, EU

“A spark led to the burning of explosive materials in the hangar that then led to a blast of 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate, which is equivalent to 1,800 tonnes of TNT,” Lebanese officials said.

The Lebanese government has declared a three-day mourning for the victims of the tragedy starting Wednesday.

In 2014, the Rhosus cargo ship’s owner abandoned the vessel in Beirut.

Meanwhile, high-risk goods – in particular, ammonium nitrate, which was prohibited from being unloaded or transferred to another vessel by Beirut’s port authorities – remained in the hold.

The cargo stored at the ship was then transported to an appropriate place, but, eventually was moved to hangar 12 at the port.

READ ALSO  Coronavirus death toll in the United States reaches 50,000 after 2,416 people died in 24 hours as confirmed cases hit 890,000

(Premium times)

Loading...
Continue Reading

International

Lebanon blasts: Beirut death toll hits 100, Trump suggests cause

Published

on

By

United States President Donald Trump has spoken on the massive blasts in Beirut, Lebanon.

Daily Star quoted a Red Cross official as stating that the death toll rose to 100 overnight.

More than 4,000 people are wounded.

In his reaction, Trump suggested a “terrible attack” caused a “bomb of some kind”.

Trump revealed that he met with U.S. generals after the incident.

“They just seem to feel that this was not some kind of manufacturing explosion type of an event. They seem to think it was an attack. It was a bomb of some kind”, he told reporters.

READ ALSO  Man, 38, ‘rapes’ seven-month-old amid nationwide outcry

Marwan Abboud, Beirut Governor, told a local radio station that more than 100 people remain missing, including several firefighters.

He declared on Wednesday: “Beirut has never gone through what it went through yesterday.”

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Hassan Diab blamed an estimated 2750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate.

The chemical had been stored since 2014 at a warehouse close to the Beirut port.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Iran Issues Warrant Of Arrest On United States President, Donald Trump, Over Killing Of Top General

Countries have shown solidarity, offering emergency support and humanitarian assistance to Lebanon.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: