Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of , MACBAN, has condemned the fresh violence in Southern Kaduna.

MACBAN’s spokesman, Ibrahim Bayero Zango, said the renewed killings in Southern Kaduna should be blamed on Zango Kataf youths.

Zango urged the Nasir El-Rufai government to ensure it identified and dealt with those behind the violence.

In a statement he signed, Zango lamented that “bloodthirsty” youths of Zango Kataf allegedly waylaid some Fulani herdsmen on intentional routes.

He condemned what he called the “viciousness and inhuman killings and destruction of property of innocent nomads that took place in some parts Zango Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State, particularly in some villages of Atyap Chiefdom.

READ ALSO  FA Cup semi-final fixtures revealed [See full draw]

“The question that requires to be answered is the relationship between the farmland in dispute and the crisis, which caused the killings of innocent Fulani nomads in the areas mentioned above by the Kataf youth in which two innocent Fulani nomads were killed at Ungwan Gaiya near the palace of the Chief of Kataf in the of Alhaji Ja’e, who has been leaving in the area for almost a century.

“The two men that were killed are Abdullahi Ja’e and Pate Ja’e who were in their early thirties. Another two young men with an elderly woman were killed at Ungwan Juju.

“Four others were killed at Gora Sagwaza and one person was killed at Matai.

READ ALSO  Yoruba group raises alarm as herdsmen allegedly take over South West

“We also condemned the barbaric acts of the Kataf youths, who waylayed and killed some Fulani nomads, who were passing by through the International Cattle Routes, which cross the areas on their ways to Bauchi State.

“Their cattle and other belongings were destroyed or stolen by the blood-thirsty Kataf youths. The number of those that were killed and the sheep are yet to be confirmed.”

Recall that the Southern Kaduna Peoples Union, SOKAPU, had raised an alarm that its area was under a siege by Fulani armed men.

SOKAPU had alleged of genocidal campaign by Fulani militia.

READ ALSO  See shocking proof of Naira Marley’s link to internet fraud

The group claimed victims were mostly kids, women and the aged.”

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Nigerian govt spends N14bn on N-Power, school feeding in Jigawa

Published

on

By

The Federal Government has, in 16 cycles’ disbursement, spent N9.074billion on Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) and another N5.178billion on School Feeding Programme from inception in 2017 till date in Jigawa.

Bala Chamo, the state Coordinator, Social Investments Programme (SIP), who made this known at a news conference in Dutse on Saturday said the N9.074 billion was spent in nine local government areas.

The state coordinator also said that arrangement had been concluded for the payment of the newly enrolled beneficiaries of N-Power programme from the remaining 18 local government areas of the state.

He expressed optimism that the newly enrolled beneficiaries should be receiving credit alerts for their first payment from Tuesday, Aug. 11.

READ ALSO  See shocking proof of Naira Marley’s link to internet fraud

Mr Chamo said that the N9.074 billion was used as payment of stipends in 29 months to 728,367 beneficiaries from its inception in August/September 2017 up till March/April 2020.

On School Feeding Programme, he said N6 billion had been spent to provide lunch meals to pupils in primary classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 pupils in the state.

He said this was funded jointly by both the Federal and the state government.

Mr Chamo said N5.178 billion was released by the Federal Government for the feeding of pupils in primaries 1, 2 and 3 classes for 168 days from its inception on Nov. 27, 2017.

READ ALSO  Tinubu, Lawan, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu, Kalu, MURIC hail Buhari’s Tribunal victory

The state coordinator added that the state government also supported the Federal Government by providing N878million for the feeding of pupils in primaries 4,5 and 6 classes which brought the total to N6billion.

Mr Chamo said 441,057 pupils were fed in primaries 1,2 and 3 classes from November 2017 to July 2019.

He said that 434,995 pupils of primaries 4, 5 and 6 classes were also fed during the period under review across the 27 local government areas, adding that the pupils fed combined were from no less than 2,000 schools.

READ ALSO  Naira Marley: Olamide, BBNaija ex-housemate react to arrest of Naira Marley

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Obaaseki vs Ize-Iyamu: INEC speaks on postponing Edo election

Published

on

By

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has announced that it will not postpone the date of the Edo State governorship election slated for September 19.

National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education, Festus Okoye, said the commission will not be disturbed by the threats of violence by political parties and candidates.

He added that candidates and parties participating in the election have been warned against compromising the electoral process by inviting violence, the Nation reports.

Festus said, “INEC has warned that it will halt the electoral process if the parties resort to violence.

READ ALSO  Naira Marley: Olamide, BBNaija ex-housemate react to arrest of Naira Marley

“The commission has met over the matter and warned that we will not allow any act of violence. But that does not mean that we are shifting the poll”.

The Commission warned that it may have to summon the candidates and their parties for immediate meeting.

“We are carefully monitoring what is happening in Edo State and also in Ondo. We will be meeting on Sunday and given the urgency of the situation in Edo State, we may have to immediately call a meeting of not just the candidates and the political parties but also the Campaign Councils,” he added.

READ ALSO  Tinubu, Lawan, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu, Kalu, MURIC hail Buhari’s Tribunal victory

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: