Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

Ekiti state governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has recovered from COVID-19 after the test conducted on him came back negative.

About two weeks ago, the governor tested positive for COVID-19 and immediately went into isolation with some of his aides who later confirmed positive taking similar step.

Fayemi who had spent 11 days in self- isolation announced his recovery on Saturday via his verified Twitter handle@Kfayemi.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Hand over to Sanwo-Olu now, stop pretending – Reno Omokri tells Buhari

According to the governor: “After 11 days in isolation, I received news that my COVID-19 repeat test came back negative.

“My sincere gratitude goes to God Almighty, my family, my medical team and all well-wishers for the prayers and solidarity.

“We must continue to do all we can to tackle the pandemic,” he tweeted.

READ ALSO  Akpabio names federal lawmakers involved in NDDC contracts [Full list]

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Nigerian govt spends N14bn on N-Power, school feeding in Jigawa

Published

on

By

The Federal Government has, in 16 cycles’ disbursement, spent N9.074billion on Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) and another N5.178billion on School Feeding Programme from inception in 2017 till date in Jigawa.

Bala Chamo, the state Coordinator, Social Investments Programme (SIP), who made this known at a news conference in Dutse on Saturday said the N9.074 billion was spent in nine local government areas.

The state coordinator also said that arrangement had been concluded for the payment of the newly enrolled beneficiaries of N-Power programme from the remaining 18 local government areas of the state.

He expressed optimism that the newly enrolled beneficiaries should be receiving credit alerts for their first payment from Tuesday, Aug. 11.

READ ALSO  Akpabio names federal lawmakers involved in NDDC contracts [Full list]

Mr Chamo said that the N9.074 billion was used as payment of stipends in 29 months to 728,367 beneficiaries from its inception in August/September 2017 up till March/April 2020.

On School Feeding Programme, he said N6 billion had been spent to provide lunch meals to pupils in primary classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 pupils in the state.

He said this was funded jointly by both the Federal and the state government.

Mr Chamo said N5.178 billion was released by the Federal Government for the feeding of pupils in primaries 1, 2 and 3 classes for 168 days from its inception on Nov. 27, 2017.

READ ALSO  Coronavirus: FG orders closure of schools

The state coordinator added that the state government also supported the Federal Government by providing N878million for the feeding of pupils in primaries 4,5 and 6 classes which brought the total to N6billion.

Mr Chamo said 441,057 pupils were fed in primaries 1,2 and 3 classes from November 2017 to July 2019.

He said that 434,995 pupils of primaries 4, 5 and 6 classes were also fed during the period under review across the 27 local government areas, adding that the pupils fed combined were from no less than 2,000 schools.

READ ALSO  COVID-19: Hand over to Sanwo-Olu now, stop pretending – Reno Omokri tells Buhari

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Obaaseki vs Ize-Iyamu: INEC speaks on postponing Edo election

Published

on

By

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has announced that it will not postpone the date of the Edo State governorship election slated for September 19.

National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education, Festus Okoye, said the commission will not be disturbed by the threats of violence by political parties and candidates.

He added that candidates and parties participating in the election have been warned against compromising the electoral process by inviting violence, the Nation reports.

Festus said, “INEC has warned that it will halt the electoral process if the parties resort to violence.

READ ALSO  Oyo records first COVID-19 death

“The commission has met over the matter and warned that we will not allow any act of violence. But that does not mean that we are shifting the poll”.

The Commission warned that it may have to summon the candidates and their parties for immediate meeting.

“We are carefully monitoring what is happening in Edo State and also in Ondo. We will be meeting on Sunday and given the urgency of the situation in Edo State, we may have to immediately call a meeting of not just the candidates and the political parties but also the Campaign Councils,” he added.

READ ALSO  Lagos to register churches, mosques in 2020, give reasons

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: