Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

China has issued a stern warning to the United States over its demand that Chinese -sharing platform TikTok must be sold to a U.S. corporation.

China urged the U.S to refrain from setting such an example that other countries could follow against its (US) businesses.

China gave the warning through its Foreign Ministry spokesman, Wang Wenbin on Tuesday, saying that the U.S. could victim to similar circumstances.

Recall that Donald Trump had on Monday said during a meeting at the White that he had set Sept. 15 as the deadline for TikTok to be bought by an American company, such as , or stop operating in the country.

Earlier, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, hinted that actions would be taken against TikTok and other Chinese companies believed to share with the Chinese government.

READ ALSO  Breaking: Lawan emerges Senate president of the 9th National Assembly

“Following the U.S. erroneous logic, any country can take similar measures against any American company under the pretext of protecting national security.

“The U.S. should not open Pandora’s box, otherwise, they will reap the bitter fruits themselves,” Wang said at a briefing.

He called on the US to take heed of the international community and the U.S. public and to not politicise economic issues but provide an open, non-discriminatory, free and environment for companies.

READ ALSO  BREAKING: Confusion in Bayelsa Assembly as two Speakers emerge, thugs disappear with mace

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
9 Comments

9 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

International

Teenage Covid-19 patient ‘is raped by an ambulance driver while being taken to hospital’ in India

Published

on

By

A 19-year-old girl was allegedly raped by an ambulance driver on her way to the hospital after she tested positive for COVID-19.

 

The teenage girl was reportedly attacked by a man known as V Noufal, 29, while on their way to the Firstline Covid Treatment Centre in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala, India, on Saturday night, September 5.

 

Noufal was arrested on Sunday morning September 6, after the victim told a staff of the hospital about the alleged incident when she arrived in Pandalam.

READ ALSO  Another Alleged N6.2bn Palliative Fraud Hits NDDC •Official Petitions Senate, Demands Dissolution Of IMC

 

After his arrest, Police said he had not obtained the mandatory clearance certificate before joining as a driver.

 

Health Minister KK Shailaja described the attack in Kerala as ‘shocking’ and ‘inhuman’.

 

A health department official told The Indian Express that the driver is usually sent alone to a particular locality to pick up patients to limit the exposure of health workers.

 

The official said: ‘The driver’s chamber is partitioned and no other staff or nurse accompanies the driver while ferrying patients to hospital.

READ ALSO  ASUU warns Buhari against slashing health, education budgets

 

‘This is to limit the exposure of health workers to infected persons. In rare cases, if the patient is serious, we send a nurse. In this case, both patients were stable.’

 

The attack is the latest in a series of high profile sexual offenses in India. Last week, a three-year-old girl was raped and strangled in the Lakhimpur Kher district, of Uttar Pradesh.

Loading...
Continue Reading

International

‘Black Death’ bubonic plague outbreak spreads after man ate infected rodent, killing 3 in Mongolia and 2 in China

Published

on

By

A man has died after becoming infected with the bubonic plague as a result of eating an infected marmot rodent in Mongolia.

 

The 38-year-old man is the third victim to have died from bubonic plague in Mongolia as the ” Black Death ” spreads across the country.

 

He became seriously ill with a high fever in Khovsgol province after eating an infected marmot rodent. He died of respiratory and cardiovascular problems while on a respirator, officials say.

 

Around 25 people he was in contact with in Tosontsengel district have been tested for the deadly disease.

 

It is the country’s third fatality from the plague in the past two months.

READ ALSO  South Africa to start Africa's first Coronavirus vaccine trial this week

 

In July, a 15-year-old boy died in Govi-Altai province, while a 42-year-old man died in Khovd province in August.

 

A total of 17 of Mongolia’s 21 provinces are now at risk from bubonic plague, according to its National Centre for Communicable Diseases.

 

Two deaths were also reported in China.

 

Russia has taken major steps to stop a spread of the Black Death across its frontiers with Mongolia and China.

 

 

Tens of thousands of citizens have been vaccinated in border areas in the Tuva and Altai republics of Siberia.

 

One outbreak was recorded on the Ukok plateau of the Altai Mountains in Russia, for the first time in more than 60 years.

READ ALSO  Trump threatens to cut funding to WHO as US COVID-19 deaths hit daily record

 

Two other Russian regions, TransBaikal and Buryatia, are also taking action against the killer disease.

 

Tourists visiting the area have been warned to remain vigilant by Russia’s health watchdog Rospotrebnadzor.

 

The organisation said: “Infection of people is possible, first of all, when cutting marmots after poaching, or through the bites of infected fleas and ticks that remain in the holes of rodents after their death from the plague.”

 

Bubonic plague is a bacterial disease spread by fleas living on wild rodents like marmots, which kills in less than 24 hours if not treated quickly.

 

Up to 200 million people were killed by the Black Death – bubonic plague – in the 14th century.

READ ALSO  Massive explosion in Beirut injures many, destroys buildings

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: