Connect with us
//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Published

on

The websites of the Central Bank of Nigerian (CBN) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have been hacked.

Anonymous, a band of unknown individuals, has claimed responsibility, with a threat to seize control of more government websites.

Earlier on Friday, they took over the handle of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC).

The account is still under their control and has grown from 10,000 followers to 22,500.

The group said they support the weak against the powerful and stand for justice.

They listed their values as human rights, autonomy and self-governance, resistance against tyranny, a more humane society.

READ ALSO  Nigerian govs give Buhari demand, speak on Police recruitment

Anonymous noted that its actions were in support of the End SARS protests.

On Saturday, their handle tweeted about the protest hashtags in and other places.

“The fight against impunity and cruelty is global. #WhatIsHappeningInPhilippines
#JusticeForBabyRiver #whatisHappeninginThailand #WhatsHappeningInIndonesia #OmnibusLaw #EndPoliceBrutality #EndSars”, it read.

Anonymous first announced the attacks on state platforms on Thursday, two days after posting a showing demonstrators.

“#Nigeria: Anonymous hacks multiple government websites in solidarity with #EndSARS protestors and retribution for violence by police. #OpNigeria #EndSARSProtest”, they tweeted.

Confirming the CBN and EFCC hit, they put up messages and screenshots.

READ ALSO  Osinbajo predicts Nigeria’s future

“#Nigeria: International hackers & Anonymous continue the cyber campaign against the government to call out corruption, demand police reform, and show solidarity with brave protestors. #OpNigeria #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality #ReformTheNigerianPolice.”

“#Anonymous #OpNigeria #EndSARS #EndSARSNow #ENDSARSOPPRESSION. Official website of @officialEFCC has been taken down in support of #EndSARSProtest. You should have expected us! #EndCorruptionInNigeria.”

Now Day 10, protests are continuing in several locations across Nigeria.

The youths insist on total reform of the Police as well as justice and compensation for families of victims of brutality.

Loading...

Abass Sulaiman Adegoke, well known as Adegoke is a student of Federal Polytechnic Ede studying Civil Engineering, He is a media enthusiast, loves traveling, and has a special interest in personal development.

Advertisement //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({ google_ad_client: "pub-7404936528073869", enable_page_level_ads: true });
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Buhari govt begins payment of N30,000 to 330,000 Nigerians

Published

on

By

Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, has announced that beneficiaries nationwide will receive a one-time grant of N30,000 with Lagos, Kano, State and Federal Capital Territory, FCT and nine more States in the first batch.

He said that enumeration and verification are still ongoing for Payroll Support Scheme

The VP said that free CAC Business Names’ Registration for 250,000 MSMEs has also commenced.

He said that as the implementation of the Economic Sustainability Plan progresses, the payment of N30,000 one-time grant to 330,000 artisans across the country is now in progress.

“The payments are being made to sets of verified beneficiaries of the Artisan Support Scheme, a track under the MSMEs Survival Fund,” Osinbajo said in a statement made available to DAILY POST by Laolu Akande, his Spokesman.

“In the first stream of payments starting today, beneficiaries are being drawn from the FCT, Lagos, Ondo, Kaduna, Borno, Kano, Bauchi, Anambra, Abia, Rivers, Plateau and Delta States. They form the first batch of applications for the scheme submitted between October 1 and October 10,” he added.

The MSMEs Survival Fund scheme is a component of the Nigerian Economic Sustainability Plan, NESP, which was developed by an Economic Sustainability Committee established by President Muhammadu Buhari in March 2020.

READ ALSO  Cars, building destroyed as bomb explosion rocks Ekiti Old Govt Secretariat, Fayemi faults location of EoD

The President asked Osinbajo to head the committee which produced and is overseeing the implementation of the plan.

Under the ESP, the Survival Fund is generally designed to, among other things; support vulnerable MSMEs in meeting their different obligations and safeguard jobs in the sector.

It would be recalled that applications for the Artisans’ Support Scheme under the MSMEs Survival Fund opened on October 1.

Meanwhile, the enumeration for the second stream of States under the Artisan Support Scheme has also commenced with enumerators in various States compiling the lists of artisans through their association leaders. All artisans are expected to liaise with their association leaders to document their details.

The registration of applicants for Stream 2 began on the 19th October 2020. States under Stream 2 are: Edo, Ogun, Ekiti, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Enugu, Ebonyi, Adamawa, Taraba, Bayelsa

In the same vein, enumeration and verification of the documents of applicants under the Survival Fund Payroll Support scheme is still ongoing. Dates for the commencement of payment would be announced in due course.

READ ALSO  COVID-19 Lockdown: Policeman allegedly shoots dead female colleague who is a nursing mother in Rivers state (PHOTOS)

The application process for the payroll support scheme, which began on September 21, had ended on the 15th of October 2020. Accepted applications are categorized by industry sectors, including Education and Hospitality, among other sectors.

However, there may be an extension for applications for some States that have not met their quota on beneficiaries. The Artisan Support Scheme is to benefit about 9,000 Nigerians per State and FCT.

In addition, the formalization support under the MSME Survival Fund will also commence today. This involves free business names’ registration for 250,000 MSMEs nationwide by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).

According to the CAC, 6,606 business names in each of the 34 states will be registered for free. In Abuja, there would be 7,906 free registrations, 9,084 in Lagos and 8,406 free business names from Kano.

Also, a date for the commencement of the Guaranteed Offtake Scheme under the Survival Fund will be announced soon. This scheme is designed to safeguard existing small businesses and save jobs, while ensuring continued local production by guaranteeing off-take of priority products

The Offtake Scheme is a track specifically for MSMEs that are into production of items approved by the Steering Committee of the Survival Fund coordinated under the leadership of the Industry, Trade and Investment Minister of State Ambassador Mariam Katagum. The basic requirements include a CAC certificate, valid BVN, SON or NAFDAC certification.

READ ALSO  Presidential Election Tribunal throws out Buhari, INEC’s request

The N2.3 Trillion Economic Sustainability Plan consists of fiscal, monetary and sectoral measures to enhance local production, support businesses, retain, create jobs and provide succour to Nigerians, especially the most vulnerable.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

JUST IN: Buhari Nominates Yakubu For Another Term As INEC Chairman

Published

on

By

President Muhammadu Buhari has reappointed the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Mahmood Yakubu, for a second term in office.

A statement from Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media and Publicity) in Abuja on Tuesday informed that in a letter to President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, the President said in accordance with the provision of Section 154 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of , 1999 (as amended), “I am pleased to present for confirmation by the Senate, the nomination of Professor Mahmood Yakubu for appointment as Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for a second and final term.”

READ ALSO  Buhari reacts to EU report on 2019 elections

Prof Yakubu was first appointed by President Buhari in November 2015.

Loading...
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

Inspirational Tips

Advertisement
Loading...

Trending

WhatsApp Join Our WhatsApp Chat
%d bloggers like this: