President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday nominated Abdulrasheed Bawa as substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
This was announced in a statement by Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, which says President Buhari was acting in accordance with Paragraph 2(3) of Part1, CAP E1 of EFCC Act 2004.
Here are six quick facts about Abdulrasheed Bawa:
1. Abdulrasheed Bawa is 40-year-old
2. He is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
3. He has undergone several specialised trainings in different parts of the world and was one of the pioneer EFCC Cadet Officers in 2005.
4. Bawa holds a BSc degree in Economics and Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
5. Before his appointment, Bawa was the Lagos zonal head of the anti-graft agency.
6. He will be taking over from Mohammed Umar, who has been in acting capacity since July 2020 after the suspension of Ibrahim Magu over allegations of corruption.
Reactions as Davido tops Forbes 100 icons Africa list
Social media users have reacted to the award-winning singer, Davido topping Forbes 100 Innovations, Inventions, and Icons Africa list. The...
DSTV announces procedures for BBNaija season 6 audition
Organisers of Big Brother Naija, BBNaija have announced that auditions will soon begin for season six of the Big Brother...
Burna Boy Stands Tall At Grammys, Wins ‘Best Global Album’ Award
Nigerian superstar, Damini Ogulu, better known as Burna Boy, has won Best Global Music Album at the 2021 Grammy awards....
Nollywood Actor, Lateef Adedimeji, Woos American Based Singer, Jemiriye Adeniji *tale trails his romance with Bimpe Oyebade
The latest romance story is coming on the heels of Adedimeji’s alleged romance with an America based Yoruba actress, Oyinkansola...
Hushpuppi hires former government lawyer as defence counsel
Ramon Abass also known as Hushpuppi has hired a top-rated criminal defence lawyer, Loius Shapiro to represent him in his trial in...